I have a lifelong love of books, and if you’re reading this, I’m betting you do too. I love walking into a bookstore and greeting the new releases like they’re old friends. My passion is helping authors find their readers, whether they’re a debut novelist, trying a new genre, or sharing to their millions of existing fans that they have a new book coming out.
I have over a decade of publicity experience in the publishing world. I began my career as a wide-eyed intern with Simon & Schuster and was hired full time immediately upon graduation. I’ve held publicity roles at Penguin Group, which became Penguin Random House during my tenure. I was then hired back to Simon & Schuster to help launch the Scout Press imprint where, as Associate Director of Publicity, I had the pleasure of working with such fabulous authors as Ruth Ware, Bill Clegg, Erica Ferencik, Kristin Harmel, Lisa Genova, Candice Carty-Williams, Kristen Roupenian, and many more.
I founded Harris in 2020 and currently work with authors in a range of genres, which brings me great joy. My client portfolio is intentionally tightly curated.
- Strategically coordinate a home and gardens tips campaign including television, radio, print, and online media
- Publicity campaigns can be centered around a book launch, to create the author as a brand, or help maintain momentum
- Set up, confirm, and manage events
- Communicate closely with publicity and marketing teams on the publisher side
- Writing services including writing copy, developing press releases and pitches
- Working closely with authors on media training, creating talking points, and walking through interview situations
- Brainstorming ideas for social media campaigns and tips for how to amplify through those channels