Adult best weekly meal plan
The plan illustrates, in practice, what a diet that meets the UK recommendations of no more than 5% of total energy from free sugars and at least 30g fibre may look like. The plan was also modeled to meet other macronutrient and micronutrient recommendations over the week, including the calcium and iron recommendations. It also meets 5 A DAY and the inclusion of at least two portions of fish a week (one portion being oily).
This illustrates just one approach to achieving the targets but demonstrates that UK recommendations, particularly for dietary fibre and free sugars, are achievable through a balanced, healthy diet featuring the inclusion of Adult best weekly meal plan
- wholegrain and higher fibre choices at mealtimes and for snacks;
- around eight portions of fruit and vegetables daily;
- pulses, nuts and seeds;
- lean red meat and limited amounts of processed meats within dietary recommendations;
- very few foods high in saturated fat and sugar (either as part of meals or as snacks);
- reduced salt options of products such as soy sauce, baked beans and stock cubes;
- healthier fats including use of unsaturated oils (such as rapeseed, olive or sunflower oil) for cooking and dressings and spreads made from them;
- lower-fat dairy products.
Meals in our weekly plan are typical of the meals cooked or prepared in many UK homes, using a mix of fresh and processed ingredients; for example, some meals were made from scratch, others included cooking sauces like curry paste, as well as the inclusion of some prepared foods such as baked beans, pizza, and cartons of soup.
Are you in need of a weekly meal plan but can’t seem to find one that works for you? It’s your lucky day! Look through TONS of weekly meal plan ideas and find the one you’ve been searching for! Meal planning is a great way to ensure that you and your family maintain healthy eating habits. You will never run out of dish ideas with this large collection of meal plans. The possibilities are endless! Take away the stress from meal planning and let your creativity and my cooking experience guide you. Your favorite week-long meal plan is right around the corner.