Biotin Grow New Hair Faster
Today, we have decided to find an answer to a topic that is discussed the most when it comes to hair fall and hair growth both. It is one of those things that has kept the minds of most of the serious and professional health and beauty experts around the globe, preoccupied. Biotin has been commended as a supplement that can trigger new hair growth and curb hair loss, but do you want to know “does biotin grow new hair faster.?” So, let’s find out now:
What is Biotin?
Biotin, also known as vitamin B7 or vitamin H is a water-soluble compound that is essential for good hair growth. In case of deficiency of biotin, people complain of experiencing hair loss.
How Does Biotin Work?
Biotin is known to react with enzymes from the cells to produce the vital protein known as keratin, which is vital for good hair growth. Biotin also carries oxygen to the scalp and hair follicles, thereby maintaining good hair growth and health and triggering new hair growth.
How Do we use Biotin?
We can use biotin in a number of ways, say, for example, we can:
- Consume it: That’s right, we can consume biotin supplements that are readily available in the market. As a matter of fact, we have plenty of options to choose from reputed brands. Just ask your doctor to write you a biotin supplement.
It is prudent to bear in mind one thing that is is quite unusual that we usually fail to obtain the required amount of biotin simply from all the food that we eat daily. Nevertheless, if you want to consume biotin-rich food additionally, here are some good options:
- Meat sources such as liver, kidney.
- Egg yolk.
- Nuts (almonds, peanuts, walnuts, etc.).
- Soy milk.
- Legumes (split beans, chickpeas, dal, lentils).
- Whole grains (barley, popcorn, brown rice, brown rice, buckwheat, wheat, millets, oats, whole wheat).
However, it is best to bear in mind that it may not always be enough to simply consume biotin supplements and biotin-rich food items.
Another way is to apply biotin topically. All you need to do is get a vial of liquid biotin (also quite popular in the market and available for application) and then you take a dropper (usually supplied with the vial) and apply the liquid directly onto the scalp and keep it for some time. You may then gently rinse or massage the scalp to spread it out evenly for better results.
How to use Biotin Drops Topically?
There are a few options here as well.
- Biotin with vitamin E: Take a tablespoon of biotin oil and mix it with a commensurate amount of vitamin oil and then apply the resultant mixture to your scalp directly, through gently massaging your scalp. You will need to do this at least 3 times per week.
- Castor oil and Saw Palmetto: Castor oil contains rich quantities of biotin, so this solution also works. Apply the mixture daily for the best results.
- Olive oil and biotin: You can take a tablespoon of olive oil and mix it with a tablespoon of biotin oil and then apply the mixture to your scalp and rinse for 5 minutes. Follow this regiment 2 -3 times per week.
How frequently can we consume Biotin Supplements?
Well, usually one is not required to consume more than 2 -3 capsules/pills per day. That is the general dosage. It is prudent to consult a licensed medical practitioner/doctor before deciding to include the consumption of biotin supplements into your routine diet. Usually, 30 mcg or 0.3 mg is the most commonly prescribed dose.
How long does Biotin take to give us results?
Well, it depends on the persons’ physiology. However, it has been observed that it takes around 2 – 3 months when biotin would start showing visible results.
Word of caution: All that we have covered so far is widely known to be effective, nevertheless we would urge our readers to kindly consult their personal physicians or a health professional before taking a course of this regiment.
So, does biotin improve and accelerate the rate of hair growth?
Biotin does exhibit certain properties that would indicate/make us believe that it indeed improves hair growth, however, it should be borne in mind that biotin alone cannot give you desired results. All other vital requirements and a good and healthy diet are of utmost importance to keep one’s hair in good condition. As to the acceleration of the rate of hair growth is concerned, well, it takes a few months before biotin starts to show results.