This hearty keto chili features tons of meat, peppers, spices, and tomatoes! At just 8.5 net carbs per serving this low carb, no bean chili will a family favorite!
We take our chili pretty seriously here! My all-time favorite is this Turkey Chili. It is hearty, loaded with flavor and perfect for the fall season. However, since it is loaded with beans and swimming in tomato juice it just doesn’t work with my keto diet. I started experimenting with a keto chili a few weeks ago and I did not have high hopes. I just didn’t think I could create the same flavors without the carbs. Turns out, I was wrong. Mr. Maebell and I have been debating if we like this keto version even MORE than our regular go-to chili!
What is Keto Chili?
Most soups, stews, and chilis are based on the same formula. A protein, vegetable, carb, and some sort of liquid. The tricky part about keto versions is creating a hearty enough dish without the carbs. This keto chili features two pounds of meat, peppers, tomatoes and a rich beef broth spiked with tomato sauce. It is the ultimate hearty, protein-packed dinner!
How many net carbs are in Keto Chili?
This easy keto chili comes to just 8.5 net carbs per bowl. Which is far below a traditional chili recipe! You can top your chili with some sharp shredded cheddar, green onions and sour cream, which is my favorite combo! Some great low carb topping ideas are:
- Shredded cheese
- Chopped green onions
- Chopped avocado
- Fresh or pickled jalapeño slices
- Chopped Red Onion
- Whisps (parmesan crisps)
- Sour cream
- Low carb tortilla strips fried or toasted (I haven’t been able to find a gluten-free version)
yield: 8 cook time: 30 MINUTES Total time: 30 MINUTES
This hearty keto chili features tons of meat, peppers, spices, and tomatoes! At just 8.5 net carbs per serving this low carb, bean-less chili will a family favorite!
- 2 pounds ground beef or turkey
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (10 ounces) can tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 (15 ounces) can tomato sauce
- 1 (32 ounces) carton beef broth
- 1 (7 ounces) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chili powder*
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- *If you enjoy spicy chili I would increase this to 3 tablespoons of chili powder.
- Brown the ground beef, onions, garlic
- Add the can of tomatoes, fresh tomatoes, water, and spices.
- Allow simmering on medium-low heat for 30-45 minutes.
- Alternatively, you can cook this chili in the slow cooker to do so refer to the notes section.
- This recipe double and freezes well.
Slow Cooker Instructions: Add all the ingredients into your slow cooker and break up the ground beef and then set to low. Your Keto Chili will be done in 4-6 hours based on your specific slow cooker.
SERVING SIZE: 1.5 cups
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 301 TOTAL FAT: 17.9g CARBOHYDRATES: 11.1g FIBER: 2.6g PROTEIN: 24.3g