You could have known a lot of exercises to keep your body healthy and well. You have lots of exercises for your buttocks, thighs, legs, and abs.
Don’t forget your hips now… There are a few exercises that you would love to do. If you workout in the right direction, then you can have a graceful shape.
You can do hip workouts and cardio workouts for your hips and abs. You must do these workouts for at least three to four times a week for a better body.To do the exercises for your legs, you would need a set of dumbbells and a resistance loop or band.
10 Best Exercises to Get a Smaller Waist and Bigger Hips
1. Balancing Squat
Doing this balance squat is not only good for your legs but also you can shape your abs, glutes, and abdomen.
- Stand on your feet by keeping them a little apart.
- Keep your chest straight, keep your spine straight and lower your body such that you sit in a chair.
- Now, bend your shoulders and hands such that you touch the ground.
- Now, stand up such that your body weight is concentrated on your right side.
- Now, bend your left leg upwards and hold it with your left hand.
- Stand in this posture for at least one minute. Release and do the same for the opposite side.
2. Standing Slow Side Kick
You need you to have a lot of control over this workout. You must lift and lower your legs with the help of your core and hip.
- Keep your feet apart with the width of the hip. Keep your hands on your hip.
- Extend your right leg upwards till you reach hip height.
- Make sure that you don’t lean to the other side while doing this exercise.
- Hold this posture for 1 minute.
- Repeat this process for the other side.
- Do about 15 times for each side.
3. Side-Stepping Curtsy
This exercise targets your glutes and thighs. You have a reaching motion in this exercise that would target your core and hip too.
- Stand erect and keep your legs apart. Here your legs can be wide such that its width is a little larger than your hip width.
- Hold your hands behind your head.
- Bend your left leg behind your right leg and lower your body towards the ground.
- Now, reach the left leg in the front with your right hand while you keep the other hand still behind your head.
- Relax to your original position and do this for at least 20 times.
- Change your legs and repeat the same on the other side too.
4. Alternating Side Jump
This exercise would be a great challenge for your lower body and your heart.
- Stand at ease with your hands on the hips and lift your right leg a few inches from the ground.
- Now hop for 3 times over your left. Your knee can be bent slightly.
- Now come back to your original position.
- Do the same for your right side.
- Do this at least 15 times for each side.
4. Hinging Deadlift
You must strengthen your back posture such that you can have a lovely lower body. Of course, back posture is as important as the front one.
- You need the dumbbells for this exercise. Have them each on your hands.
- Keep your feet apart with the width of your hip and maintain a straqight6 posture.
- Hold the weight near your thighs.
- Now hinge forward without bending your spine so that you reach the dumbbells to the ground.
- Your core must be parallel to the ground.
- When you retrieve, move halfway backward and then return to your original position so that your glutes are crunched.
- Do this 20 times.
5. Hip Raise
If you want to have attractive bigger hips, do this exercise.
- Lie on a mat with your face upwards.
- Bend your legs so that they reach near your buttocks.
- Now lift your hip away from the ground.
- Meanwhile, extend your left leg so that it is straight with your body.
- Hold this posture for some time and then return your leg.
- Now bring down your hip to reach the ground.
- Now, repeat this for the other leg.
- Do 10 repetitions for each leg.
6. Shifting Side Lunge
This is a combination of a few exercises. You can enjoy triple the effect of the hip workouts.
- Stand erect with your feet together. Hold the dumbbells near your thighs.
- Now, take a wide step to your side with one leg and make a side lunge and reach the dumbbells of both the hands towards the ground on the side that you have bent.
- Now, be in this position for at least a minute and come back to the original position.
- Do the same procedure for the other side too.
- For the front, move your legs apart with equal width and hinge forward with the dumbbells reaching the ground and your spine straight.
- Do 20 repetitions for each side and front too.
7. Traveling Squat-Kick
his is a kind of martial arts exercise. This would strengthen your butts and quads.
- Stand apart with the hands-on your hips.
- Kick your right leg forcefully in front of you.
- Now, when you bring back your leg, sit in a squat.
- Repeat the same with your right leg too.
- Do around 15 repetitions for a better butt.
8. External Hip Raise
You need the resistance band for this exercise.
- Put on a resistance band around your ankles.
- Lie on the mat on your side by balancing with your arms.
- Lie straight. Lift your upper leg to the height of your hip with the resistance band on. Rotate your feet so that they face the ground.
- Try to lift the leg higher than the hip-width. Now rotate the leg such that the feet face the ceiling.
- Return to your original position.
- Do 20 repetitions and repeat the same for the other side.
9. Single-Leg Raise
This exercise would tone your hip and your whole body at once.
- Get down on the floor in a doggy style.
- Now, extend your left leg away from your body to the maximum extent.
- Now, diagonally kick your leg by keeping the heel towards the ceiling.
- Return the left knee to the original position.
- Do the same for the right side too.
- Do around 10 repetitions for each side.
10. Side-Lying Leg Lift
This has been named as one of the best exercises for toning your thighs.
- Now, put on a resistance band around your ankles. Lie on your right side. Extend the right arm outwards from the body. Now, bring the bottom leg upside over the top leg so that they seem to be in criss-cross position.
- Now, move the bottom leg up and down for at least 20 times while you maintain the tension throughout your body.