GRILLED BRUSSEL SPROUTS
The often-overlooked Grilled Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts has never looked so good… am I right? Oh my goodness, did I hit it outa the ballpark with this simple recipe for Bacon Wrapped Brussel Sprouts!
I was making these a day that I was home alone and I was feeling sorry for myself! All this food (I made FOUR videos that day!) and no one to enjoy it with me.
I was outside grilling when I happened to spot my neighbor on her mower across the road, who is also one of my besties, and I knew she was the perfect person to share these with.
The next week I was at their house for their son’s birthday party and her husband was still raving about these recipes.
Ah the sweet smell of success!
CAN YOU GRILL BRUSSELS SPROUTS?
Absolutely! Just look at these pictures grilling gives them a smokey flavor and great bite!
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GRILL BRUSSEL SPROUTS?
Grilled Brussels Sprouts on skewer laying on grill
BACON WRAPPED BRUSSELS SPROUTS
I love how the veg gets that dark char and the bacon becomes crispy around the edges. The quick marinade adds so much flavor to this meal, but wrapping them in bacon takes these grilled Brussels sprouts right over the top!
Wouldn’t this be a great side for the holidays? And as quickly as they take to grill no matter where you live, you can pop these on the grill and they will be done in no time! Of course, if you do not want to brave the winter weather, you can certainly use an indoor stovetop grill also. Hey, no judgment! ?
GROCERY LIST FOR BACON WRAPPED BRUSSELS SPROUTS
Skewer of bacon-wrapped grilled Brussels sprouts
GRILLED BRUSSELS SPROUTS RECIPE
This is the perfect easy side dish and great on a buffet! Stacks of Bacon Wrapped Grilled Brussel Sprouts makes for easy finger food and is so tasty too!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 c. soy sauce low sodium
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 8 slices bacon
- 16 brussels sprouts
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, soy sauce, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Slice Brussels sprouts in half lengthwise. Place in the marinade and let sit for 20 minutes, covered.
- Next, get your skewers. Stick the end of a piece of bacon through the skewer, add a brussels sprout, fold bacon over the brussels sprout and onto the skewer, repeat with three more brussels sprouts, ending with bacon.
- Clean, oil and preheat your grill to 350 degrees F.
- Place skewers on the grill. Grill for 5 minutes, flip and grill an addition 4-5 minutes or until bacon is crisp and brussels sprouts are charred. Remove and enjoy.
If you are using wooden skewers remember to soak in water according to package directions before grilling.
Calories: 130kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 706mg | Potassium: 212mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 295IU | Vitamin C: 32.3mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 0.9mg