My daughter is a germ magnet, so I had to arm myself with patience and sanity, in order to be able to cope with bad immunity.
Well, moms, what do you do when your kid has stomach bugs? Of course, besides cleaning up after them which is pretty much disgusting. Tell you what! Try to cope and come up with various solutions and hacks in sending away those stomach bugs. Actually, the following hack was born out of desperation when Zofran wasn’t enough.
The most important thing is to do is to get a puke bowl, unless you like sitting near the ceramic bathroom features the entire night, holding your kid’s head and hair.
The second thing you should do is to prepare the following electrolyte replacement popsicles. Yes, during stomach flu, everything you eat turns into puke or diarrhea and dehydration will soon install alongside with electrolyte loss.
- 2 tablespoons of fruit punch kool-aid
- 2 cups of Coconut Water
- popsicle mold
I simply stirred the two together in a mixing cup and poured them into the popsicle mold.
Ok now! Don’t forget that during stomach flu dehydration installs and maintaining your kid hydrated and reducing the number of stools is very important! So, rice water is one of the best remedies you can use for your kid.
- Put a cup of rice with 2 cups of water to boil. When the rice softens, strain the liquid and feed your child with small sips of rice water. If your kid is able to eat, you may give him a few tablespoons of boiled rice.
Alongside rice water, you can hydrate your child with honey water.
- Add one to two teaspoons of raw honey to a cup of water.
- Mix well and drink the solution.
- You can also add honey to the oral rehydration solution (ORS) being given to your child.
In order to reduce the number of stools and speed up recovery of your child, you can prepare the following:
- Take a green banana and boil it in some water with its skin.
- Simmer for 7-10 minutes and switch off the stove.
- Allow the banana to cool down a bit and remove its skin.
- Mash the fruit and add salt to taste.
- Consume alone or with rice.
I hope you never need these natural remedies, but in case you do, they are easy to prepare and help your child to recover fast.