yield: 10 SERVINGS
prep time: 1 HOUR 20 MINUTES
cook time: 15 MINUTES
total time: 1 HOUR 35 MINUTES
Bite into a sweet almond butter filled chocolate covered egg, a fun keto-approved candy!
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup Swerve granular sweetener
- 4.5 oz Lily’s dark chocolate (or 1 and 1/2 candy bars)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, for melting with chocolate
- In a medium bowl, add butter, coconut oil, almond butter, Swerve, and vanilla extract. Use a hand mixer to beat ingredients together until smooth, for about a minute.
2.Transfer mixture to the egg molds. If desired you can use ice cube trays or mini baking cup liners instead.
3. Place mold in freezer and let eggs freeze for at least a couple hours to set.
4. Chop chocolate into small pieces and place into a glass bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of coconut oil. Microwave for about 2 minutes, stopping every 30 seconds to stir chocolate until completely smooth and melted.
5. Prepare a baking sheet pan with parchment paper. Dip eggs into chocolate to coat evenly. I used a toothpick to keep my fingers clean.
6. Place eggs onto parchment paper, then place in freezer until set, for about 15 minutes at least. Enjoy!
Yield: 10 chocolate eggs, Serving Size: 1 chocolate egg
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 263, Total Carbohydrates: 16g, Fiber: 6g, Sugar Alcohols: 6.5g, Net Carbohydrates: 3.5g, Total Fat: 24g, Protein: 6g