Need an easy low carb, one pan dinner? I’ve got you covered! This Keto Sausage and Cabbage Skillet is ready in under 20 minutes and has less than 6 carbs per serving!
One of my favorite things is putting out recipes and seeing what people respond to. It is so interesting because sometimes I publish a recipe that my family is obsessed with but it doesn’t seem to get much traction. And then there are other times I post something I don’t think will be popular but it goes wild. It is just interesting to see what trends, sometimes there are big surprises like this Keto One Pan Cheesy Cabbage Casserole. You guys LOVE this one! So I decided to share one of my go-to “I’m too tired to cook tonight” low carb meals. This Keto Sausage and Cabbage Skillet is everything you want in a keto meal, high in fat, and super low in carbs. It is also done in under 20 minutes and requires just one pan. It just doesn’t get any better than that, does it?
How do I make a Keto Sausage and Cabbage Skillet?
This really is the easiest dinner ever and it has such few ingredients. Start by browning your favorite brand of smoked or Andouille sausage. When your sausage is browned and slightly crisp remove from the skillet and set aside. Without rinsing or washing your pan add one tablespoon of butter, two cloves of garlic, and 4 cups of chopped cabbage. Give the cabbage a good stir and sprinkle with salt, pepper, onion powder, and paprika. Fry the cabbage, stirring occasionally over medium heat until it reaches your desired tenderness. If you like your cabbage to have a crunch this will take 5-6 minutes but if you want your cabbage to be very tender the cooking time will be closer to 10. The final step is to add the cooked smoked sausage back into the skillet and stir.
Keto Sausage and Cabbage Skillet
yield: 4 prep time: 5 MINUTES Cook time: 15 MINUTES Total time: 20 MINUTES
Need an easy low carb, one-pan dinner? I’ve got you covered! This Keto Sausage and Cabbage Skillet is ready in under 20 minutes and has less than 6 carbs per serving!4.3 stars (14 Reviews)PRINT
- 1 (12 ounces) package of smoked sausage
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 4 cups cabbage, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 onion powder
- 1/4 paprika
- Heat a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray or add 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Brown the sliced smoked sausage until lightly crisp.
- Remove sausage from skillet and set aside.
- Add butter, garlic, chopped cabbage, and spices and stir well.
- Fry cabbage to your desired tenderness. If you would like more crunch this will take 3-4 minutes. If you like your cabbage very tender it will cook closer to 10 minutes.
- When the cabbage reaches your desired texture add the cooked sausage and stir until heated through.
Most fried cabbage recipes call for chopped onion, you can add 1/2 cup of chopped onion when you add the garlic if you wish but it does increase the carbs to just over 7 net carbs per serving.